Open Everyday 10am-5pm
For all up to date Government Guidance Information on what you CAN and CAN’T do whilst visiting us, please visit here
It’s great to see families back here, enjoying our fantastic farm.
We have implemented new procedures around the farm which include:
- Please note, it is now law for all visitors to wear a face mask indoors throughout all venues including ourselves. Please see the Government advice here. Please ensure you have clicked on the link regarding guidance on face coverings, when to wear them and exemptions.
- One-Way Paths
- Informative Signage
- Extra Hand Sanitisers and Wash Stations
- Extra Cleaning Regimes Throughout All Visitor Areas
Please use the hand washing and sanitiser stations continuously throughout your visit.
Here at Windmill Animal Farm we have always had a strict cleaning policy and this continues to be a top priority.
We ask that whilst on the farm, you are mindful of your Social Distancing Responsibilities and that you keep your children under supervision at all times.
Please bear with us, over these opening weeks, whilst we continually update the farm to meet the ever-changing Government Regulations and Guidelines.
What is open?
- All indoor and outdoor animal interaction areas.
- Coffee Shop/Restaurant – you are most welcome to eat indoor and outdoors. See our locally sourced menu here.
- All outdoor play areas/equipment.
- Farm Yard Friends including our guinea pig and rabbit experience
- Lambing time! Come and meet new life on the farm!
- Farm Train running.
- Also, not forgetting all our other friendly farmyard animals.
- Toilet facilities
What is not open?
Unfortunately, all our indoor play is currently still closed as we feel there is a little more time needed.
Please book your visit using the button below! We look forward to seeing you!
” I would just like to say thank you, for all your continued support throughout the past year. Here on the farm, we are all really looking forward to opening our gates again from the 12th April. “
All the best, Farmer Matt
Windmill Animal Farm has been the home of the Slinger Family since 1938. We started off as dairy, cattle and sheep farmers and also delivered fresh milk to our local villagers.
Then in 1990, whilst on a family holiday in Wales, we visited a farm visitor attraction. We returned home with some great ideas and opened our gates to the public on the 1st August 1992.
Now our farm is home to an amazing range of rare breed and exotic farm animals and some of the best indoor and outdoor play areas in Lancashire.
Windmill Farm has given us four generations of family farmyard fun and now, we want to share it all with you.
Come and experience everyday working life on our farm and watch, feed and touch many of our wonderful animals and their young.
We hope to see you all soon.
Don't miss our latest news and offers
Subscribe to Farmer Matt’s newsletter
Admission Prices & Opening Times
Our gates reopen 12th April, we look forward to seeing you all back on the farm!
If you’ve got any questions, give us a call on 01704 892282